Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mommy Business

Today was my day off. I loved it.

I woke up about the same time as the girls, around 8. I spent about 30 minutes shaking off the sleepiness, in bed, chatting with Rob as he prepared to leave.

Spent a little bit of time cleaning up the horrific disaster I left in the kitchen when I went to bed last night, made coffee. I moved on to final content additions to our chapter which went really well and made me happy; I actually had to make myself stop for a bit so I could take the girls out for some lunch and back-to-school shopping.

Target
There's just no place like it. But back to school shopping, with respect to clothing, always makes me cranky. Kids here return to school wearing summer clothes. Its hot. And its really difficult to find anything with short sleeves at all. Everything is about fall. WORD: ITS NOT FALL. And the clothes my kids have been wearing all summer? They just really aren't in very good shape anymore. Its even worse for shoes. You can't find a decent pair of sandals. Grrrr. I'm not going to buy shoes for dresses that require the girls to wear socks in August and September.

So. $258 bought us 9 pairs of shoes (mostly tennis shoe kind of hybrid things that will be fine now and when things get cooler as well), 2 skirts, 2 pants, 6 shirts for the girls. Lindsay got some token "back to school" items, some cute little shoesies that I couldn't resist and a toy. Me? I got a new deodorant. Woo Hoo.

We came home and had our afternoon nap which extended until Rob came home. Dinner's over now, I'm going to finish up my work on the chapter TONIGHT (please oh please oh please let me get finished....) and tomorrow is a half-day so I can be at Haley and Anna's school open house in the afternoon.

Hello weekend.

No comments: