Wednesday, September 5, 2007

You just THINK I'm crazy...

I'm actually not. Or, if I am--I'm sooooo not alone.

Facebook, LibraryThing, MySpace--everbody's got their online social networking hub. Ladies and gentlemen---dig Ravelry. The hottest thing in in internet knitting/crochet circles, it looks to be one fabuloso tool for chatting, comparing notes with knitters and managing lots of knitting stuff. Just now its still in beta and a bunch of us are awaiting our "invites"---remember Gmail, BloggerBeta invites? Yep---we knitters get to be invited places, too.

So in the knitting world we're seeing lots of this on blogs:

  • You are #30621 on the list.
  • 19098 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 627 people are behind you in line.
  • 36% of the list has been invited so far
because everyone wants to know when they're going to get to play with the cool kids on Ravelry. I'll just wait my turn, knit while I stand here, try not be too put out by it. If you're ahead of me in line, turn around and wave hello---but try not to appear too smug, eh? Nobody likes a snarky Raveler. If anyone behinds me needs some yarn or needles to pass the time, just let me know. I got a big ol' hank of Red Heart someone gave me for Christmas. All yours.

No comments: