Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rejoice in Completion...

I continue to be stunned by how beautiful these socks are. At a gauge of 32 X 40 stitches per 4 inches, they represent more than 24,000 stitches per sock.... there's nothing I don't love about these socks except for how they look on my feet and legs so I'm very happy that they've always been intended for dear friend, Dagmar, a knitter of so many talents I can't even begin to list them. An amazing woman. Wear them in good health, Dag. They'll be in the mail tomorrow.

For the record, these are Nancy Bush's Traveler's Stockings from Knitting on the Road; made from Colinette Jitterbug (100% Welsh Merino wool) on US 0's dpn's (no dpn's were injured in knitting these socks...). They'll machine wash nicely in cold water, gentle cycle. Folks complain about Jitterbug bleeding but I don't think we'll have that problem with this colorway.

No comments: