Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh, baby...

I hate to be immodest, but ya know, sometimes its just the truth: I rock. Take a look at Niece's beautiful shawl pinned out for blocking:

pretty, no? It may the most lovely thing I've ever knit. I wish her mom could see it.



I enjoyed knitting this so much that I've queued up a couple really intricate lace patterned shawls to grow some skills and I've resurrected the long-neglected Charlotte's Web shawl which is most pleasant and will certainly be beautiful. I've also picked out some really pretty socks to do for older sister... take a look:


Except I think I'll do them in a more feminine color to complement the very girlie lacy pattern. They'll be kind of an adventure for me since I don't often do toe-up socks and the short row heel is a bit different from the standard one, which I tend to HATE. So there. Everyone loves this pattern so let's see if I do, too.

And in case you're wondering, I'm totally rocking Guitar Hero on Sunshine of Your Love. Me and Clapton, uh-huh. Eat your heart out!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The shawl is beautiful! I have no doubt that Beth is smiling as she watches from above.

Happy Mother's Day!
Melissa