Wednesday, August 2, 2006

And the Heat Goes On...

"The Beat Goes On" -- Sonny & Cher (In Case You're in Love, 1967)








Lucky Girl
I met with the decision people today. They have very graciously agreed to support my request to reduce my hours to 32 per week until I figure out what we are going to do about Pilar leaving or the end of November; which ever comes first. Essentially it means that I'll be in the office for 3 8-hour days and work 2 hours each remaining day from home on the data reviews that have to be produced. Its very generous of them. They also offered to convert my position to a job-share such that when the temporary period of continuing absences is finished I could return on a part-time basis. I'm not sure that's what I want to do but its great that they're being so generous.

Because I feel a little overwhelmed. Better now that I know that we have child care wrapped up for the short term and we can take time to make a good decision about what happens next. But still overwhelmed.

Working part-time, having more time for family matters, sounds very good but so does having Pilar's salary back in our pockets...

Any bets on how this will come out?

No comments: