Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks


Happy Thanksgiving
Its been a busy day here preparing to give thanks. My usual sous chef is off his feet and I had done virtually no advance preparations so it has been a day full of work. Thankfully my two older daughters are able and willing to assist and that has helped some. The food was delicious but I really only cared about the pecan pie which was exceptionally good this year. In all the event was intimate and traditional, quite heartfelt.

I do insist that we all take turns speaking of the things for which we are most thankful. I'm always very happy with the enthusiasm the girls' bring to that discussion and how centered they seem to be.

Rob is directing the girls through the parts of cleanup they can manage and then I'll go wrap things up. For now, I'm resting quietly in my beautiful living room with lovely music and wine, interrupted only periodically by Lindsay for hugs and kisses.

The things I give thanks for
1. Rob sharing this day with us after nearly leaving this life in January.
2. My healthy, happy daughters, sister, mother, father, mother-in-law, nieces, nephews and other family...
3. My happy home full of comfort and people and pets I love.
4. Financial resources to support my voracious appetites for music and knitting, keep my family safe, warm and healthy.
5. My employer's support of the shift in my priorities toward more time with my family.

Its a short list but I feel like an abundance of blessings. I wish the same for everyone.

No comments: