Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Holiday Recap




Seems I've been slacking on my blogging responsibilities... please accept my apologies and a few photos...




We have Anna and Lindsay, just hours before the jolly elf's visit. Christmas Eve was our traditional crusising neighborhoods for great Christmas light displays and singing songs in the car. This year I had to stay home because Lindsay was asleep and not feeling so well --- we knew if we woke her we'd have a screaming princess in the car the whole time.




The girls contained themselves very well and observed our request to not wake us before 7 AM. I woke up very groggy following the ER administration of dilaudid but it didn't take long to join in the fun. Gift opening took a bit less time than previous years---only about 3 hours. I think the girls are just getting more efficient with the processes because there was no shortage of gifts for them. They have dolls, they have gameboys, they have SCRABBLE and Yahtzee...knitting kits, books and clothes. No end to the holiday booty. It was a delightful year watching the girls and Rob and remembering how close we came to losing Rob this year.




Of course Santa was quite kind to me so his intel must not be up to standards. I wasn't particularly good this year....




On the 26th, I received the happy phone call that nieces and nephews were making a holiday tour of the region and I would be seeing them. We had about 24.5 hours together and I tried to lose as few of those hours as possible to sleep. We had a fair assortment of favorite treats, plenty of laptop computers to allow the kids feel connected and it was a great time. They all look great and it was one of the year's happier moments.












The motley crew...

No comments: