Wednesday, January 3, 2007

KNITTING

Oh I love to knit. That hasn't changed. What has happened is that I got bored senseless with the mystery hats. Now that I can take a brief breather before completing the last two, its kind of fun to reflect back on the work.

Number of hats completed: 18 (!)
Number of patterns: 6
Fibers: Manos del Uruguay peruvian wool, Debbie Bliss Cathay cotton/silk/viscose, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (cashmere and merino wool --- duh!), One other beautiful tweeded wool that is heavenly (can't remember what it is and the ball band is long gone), Cascade 220 wool, Laines du Nord Ciclamino wool/rayon.
Date Begun: November 8, 2006
Date Completed: December 26, 2006

I obviously stopped photographing them between challenges with cameras and the sheer volume and waning enthusiasm... I wish now I hadn't.

I'm now about halfway finished with a scarf to go with one of the hats. I can't believe I knit so many scarfs when I first began to knit---they are BORing. This one has a bit more excitement as I have "designed" the pattern myself. The hat it will match has a beautiful lace edging; I copied that for both ends of the scarf and then carried one design element through the body of the scarf which needs to have more heft---making up the "heft" part myself. I kinda like it! I'm proud of myself! I'm hoping its intended recipient likes it too; she's not always easy to please. But I think I 'll get a huge pass because its so personal...

Photos coming!

No comments: