Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ouch

Post-op visit went well, things going as well as anyone could expect. Still can't get it wet (until after next Friday!) but can begin weight bearing with crutch assistance---I have this hot and steamy space boot to wear to protect it. Being able to at least balance myself with the foot makes the crutches much easier to deal with. Its hurting a good bit right now. I guess recovery really will take a while.

Alison Krauss

"The Lucky One" -- Alison Krauss with Union Station (New Favorite, 2001)

I'm knitting and working on website stuff, listening to music. Like that's a surprise, eh? Alison Krauss has the voice of an angel. I've seen her live a number of times. The first time was at a brigade concert at USNA---I felt so sorry for her with all those midshipmen obviously appreciating her physical attributes more than her musicianship. She was followed by Lyle Lovett and Etta James (what a crazy bill, right?)---Etta James had no problem keeping the unruly little sailors in their place. The contrast was hilarious.

2 comments:

Drew said...

"Jack of all trades, master of none" has been my line for me since this song came out. Fits me perfectly. I love Alison Krauss but have only seen her in concert once.

We can't see the pedicure as well now with that big boot, but I guess balance is better than beauty (how do you like that alliteration? 6 "b" words in 10). :-)

KHM said...

Oh, but Drew! Its better to look good than feel good!

This song has a number of great lines; my favorite is:

"Well you're blessed, I guess, by never knowing which road you're choosing. To you the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing..."

People who really think that way are dangerous...and I dated some of them in college...