Thursday, October 4, 2007

O, Canada...

I've arrived safely. I had the best non-direct flights possible for beginning at 6:24 am---both legs I had an entire exit row to myself. From Minneapolis to Vancouver, I actually lay down and slept---I've never been able to do that before but perhaps extreme fatigue and xanax had something to do with it. At any rate, I'm bushed but none the worse for wear.

People let me tell ya about my best friend...
Dave's husband, T. met me at the airport; I've been so lonely for these boys the two of us just yacked up a storm and I was totally taken by surprise to find ourselves arriving at Dave's office for lunch. SUSHI! And its Thursday, too! It took me a while to collect myself; I was so overjoyed to see him. And he is very happy to see me, too. Its going to be a lovely lovely visit.

So T. drove me by their new home which is still being built and it is so cute---the homes here are really almost exclusively Craftsman style which I love. T. is upstairs now napping and I suppose I'll do the same when I wrap this up. The kitty-cats seem to remember me fondly and that's sweet.

Speaking of pets---Otis was NOT a happy shih tzu this morning when I confirmed his suspicions that I was going away without him. His big brown eyes followed my every move as I was dressing and gathering my things and he tried very hard to slip out of the bedroom when I left. I'm sure Lindsay will keep him company...and put pretty little bows in his hair, etc...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have the best time ever. You deserve it. Kiss Brother George for me. LYFE Nonna March