Saturday, August 9, 2008

Worth the Effort....

Its almost time for the Mommy to go to sleep now that all the slumber partyers are finished snacking, dancing, rock-banding, firefly-catching, cake-eating, squealing. If I may speak plainly, it was a LOT of work.



The "goodies bags" for the guests turned out SO cute; I was very pleased. They were so lovely, in fact, that we had trouble with them disappearing prior to their distribution and subsequently with various items going missing. Their contents? Manicure kit, sleep mask, nail polish/lip gloss set, emery boards, hand lotion, tiny bits of candy and Haley's "I Rock the Slumber Party" mix, with coordinating cover, of course.... We commenced with some beading---it became quickly apparent that most of the girls preferred to have, not make, beaded earrings so everyone made their bead selections and went off to play Rock Band while I made earrings... check out favorite neighbor, H, with hers:


Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs (beer for the cook! Yay me!), homemade ice cream cake with strawberries (yum!), more squealing and general merriment, dancing in the bedroom, conga lines through the house and thank goodness they're all asleep now...

Job well done. Very satisfied.

Olympic Opening Ceremony
Holy shit. That was really something, wasn't it? I thought the performances were beautiful and some were down right stunning.... lots to consider, for me: the power of a large number of people moving and working in unison, for common purpose, as a political ideology for one, the way that has played out in China for another. The 2008 drummers were breathtaking: at once ancient and modern, simple movements with very intricate synchronicity... oh.... I'll have to watch it again. It was all so marvelous to me. I simply loved the artful expression employing all of that technology.

4 comments:

Shamrock said...

I want one of those bags!!!! I do. I want one. I love you auntie.

KHM said...

We had *one* invitee not show...yours!.

Shamrock said...

Celebrate!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah Coventry is our family role model. Covet and make sure they know how much you covet it and it could be yours. Always worked for me. LYFE Milo's Nona